1. KidsClick http://www.kidsclick.org/
2. Ask Kids http://www.ask.com/
3. Kidsmart: Safe Searching http://www.kidsmart.org.uk/
4. Ask Jeeves for Kids : http://www.squirrelnet.com/search/ajk/ask_kids.asp
5. For Teens : Information you can trust. http://www.ipl.org/div/teen/
6. Pics4Learning.com : Free,Copyright Friendly images for Education.
7. Rhyme Zone : Find Rhyms,Synonyms,Definitions and more.
8. Story Place : The Children’s Digital Library. http://www.storyplace.org/
9. For Kids : Information you can trust. http://www.ipl.org/div/kidspace/
10.Zis Boom Bah : Where it’s OK to play with your food. http://www.zisboombah.com/
11.Kids Know it Network : The Totally Free Children’s Learning Network.
16. Fact Monster : Find information about a variety of subjects ranging from weather
facts to homework help to quizzes and games.
17.GoGooligans : Looking for a good search engine for kids? GoGooligans is an
educational search engine designed to provide kid-oriented search results.
18.Kids Point : It includes book reviews, holiday information, self-quiz on books you
read, homework help,program scrapbooks, activity section, web links and even a
younger children section.
19.Little Clickers : Easily navigated site by the editors of Childrens Software Review
that enables users to locate links on various subjects. Search engines are also built
in to the site.
20.Read Print : Free online books, poems, essays, short stories, plays and non-fiction
for students and teachers. The site features over 8,000 books and 3,500 authors.
BEST APPS FOR LEARNING :
1. AL GORE
Al Gore – Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis by Al Gore by Push
pop Press. Al Gore’s Our Choice is a rich, multimedia app investigating the climate
crisis. Level: Grades 5 – 12.Platform: iOS
2. Science 360 by the National Science Foundation
Science 360 is a science and engineering news app designed to engage the user in
visual explorations through photos, videos, and text. There is new content added
weekly by scientists, engineers, and the National Science Foundation.
Level: ALL (grades K-12)platform: iOS
3. NASA by NASA Ames Research Center
Kids dream of exploring space and the NASA app helps make that a reality! Users can
travel through the universe and gain an in-depth understanding of the NASA role in
space exploration. Browse through current news and feature stories, view over
157,000 images, watch on-demand NASA video, read-up on current NASA mission
information, explore NASA TV, listen to Third Rock Radio, and follow NASA’s Twitter
feed.Level: ALL (grade K-12). Platform: Android, iPhone, NASA HD for iPad
4. Simple Physics by Jundroo, LLC
Simple Physics lets you design complex structures for everything from tree houses to
Ferris Wheels. Verify the structural integrity of your design with a stress design. Great
engineering is not enough, however – keep your project under budget to win the
game!Simple Physics by Jundroo, LLC Level: Elementary & Secondary (grades
5-12)platform: Android, iOS.
5. Top 15 iPad Book Apps – Most Exceptional Use of Animation http://digitalmediadiet.com/?p=1560#sthash.dGrVAY7w.dpuf
6. Teaching with Technology Video Library
The NETS video library is a collection of video of actual classrooms, enriched by additional material such as lesson context, teacher handouts and even student work, accessible alongside the video. This is a great app, which has the potential to be utilized in many ways. This app features a video recording of the lesson and then it allows for one to view handouts, sample student work, teacher-created material and the general lesson plan.
A growing library of over 80 hands-on Science lessons that are great for home and the classroom. These short videos demonstrate inexpensive and easy to recreate experiments that are designed to inspire and excite kids of all ages.
8. Best Books for Tweens
Whether you’re reading for school or for pleasure, you can use this app to find new books and build a custom reading list.
9.Cliff Notes Study Guides
Learn faster, study better, and score higher with CliffsNotes® for the iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad®. Fast, effective, and comprehensive literature study guides for your mobile device give you anywhere, anytime access to character, theme, and plot summaries and analysis; interactive quiz features; and audio CramCasts.